Here are 5 tips for a life time of healthy vision. Honolulu eye doctors, Daniel Yamamoto, O.D. and Tracie Inouchi, O.D. suggest:
- Schedule Yearly Comprehensive Exams. Seeing a doctor of optometry regularly will help keep you on the path to healthy eyes.
- Protect against UV rays. No matter the season its important to wear sunglasses.
- Give your eyes a break from digital device use. Practice the 20/20/20 rule: every 20 minutes take a 20 second break and look at something 20 feet away.
- Eat your greens. Eat five servings of fruits and vegetables – particularly the leafy green variety.
- Practice safe wear and care of your contact lenses. Keep them clean.