CONTACTS! 👀 Seriously! Curry has a condition called #keratoconus in which the cornea, normally a circle, progressively thins and takes on a cone shape. When the cornea has a cone shape, it is unable distribute the light entering the eye equally and leads to blurred or distorted vision. Schedule an annual eye exam with our 👀 doctors and you too can become a shooting legend like Steph Curry (sorry, no guarantees 😜)
Introducing ACUVUE® OASYS with Transitions™ Light Intelligent Technology™. It’s the first-of-its-kind contact lens that can sense lighting conditions in your environment and seamlessly adapts from clear to dark to provide all-day soothing vision.
Meet the newest innovation in vision technology, only from ACUVUE®.
Keep your eyes healthy for your spring break selfie. Got contacts? Keep a spare pair . Follow proper lens wear and care.
Here is a great infographic from the American Optometric Association regarding the “Bad Habits of Contact Lens Wearers”
You know who you are…
- Wash your hands before handling lenses.
- Don’t sleep in lenses not intended for overnight wear.
- Keep your case clean using fresh solution every time and replace it every three months.
- Get an eye exam yearly.
Whether you’re goblin or ghoul, vampire or witch, poor costume choices—including decorative contact lenses and flammable costumes—and face paint allergies can haunt you long after Halloween if they cause injury.
Enjoy a safe and happy Halloween by following the “lucky 13” guidelines from FDA, the Consumer Product Safety Commission, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- Wear costumes made of fire-retardant materials; look for “flame resistant” on the label. If you make your costume, use flame-resistant fabrics such as polyester or nylon.
- Wear bright, reflective costumes or add strips of reflective tape so you’ll be more visible; make sure the costumes aren’t so long that you’re in danger of tripping.
- Wear makeup and hats rather than masks that can obscure your vision.
- Test the makeup you plan to use by putting a small amount on the arm of the person who will be wearing it a couple of days in advance. If a rash, redness, swelling, or other signs of irritation develop where the makeup was applied, that’s a sign of a possible allergy.
- Check FDA’s list of color additives to see if makeup additives are FDA approved. If they aren’t approved for their intended use, don’t use it.
- Don’t wear decorative contact lenses unless you have seen an eye care professional and gotten a proper lens fitting and instructions for using the lenses.
Eating sweet treats is also a big part of the fun on Halloween. If you’re trick-or-treating, health and safety experts say you should remember these tips:
- Don’t eat candy until it has been inspected at home.
- Trick-or-treaters should eat a snack before heading out, so they won’t be tempted to nibble on treats that haven’t been inspected.
- Tell children not to accept—or eat—anything that isn’t commercially wrapped.
- Parents of very young children should remove any choking hazards such as gum, peanuts, hard candies, or small toys.
- Inspect commercially wrapped treats for signs of tampering, such as an unusual appearance or discoloration, tiny pinholes, or tears in wrappers. Throw away anything that looks suspicious.
For partygoers and party throwers, FDA recommends the following tips for two seasonal favorites:
- Look for the warning label to avoid juice that hasn’t been pasteurized or otherwise processed, especially packaged juice products that may have been made on site. When in doubt, ask! Always ask if you are unsure if a juice product is pasteurized or not. Normally, the juice found in your grocer’s frozen food case, refrigerated section, or on the shelf in boxes, bottles, or cans is pasteurized.
- Before bobbing for apples—a favorite Halloween game—reduce the amount of bacteria that might be on apples by thoroughly rinsing them under cool running water. As an added precaution, use a produce brush to remove surface dirt.
FDA joins eye care professionals—including the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus, the Contact Lens Association of Ophthalmologists and the American Optometric Association—in discouraging consumers from using illegal decorative (colored) contact lenses. These are contact lenses that have not been approved by FDA for safety and effectiveness. Consumers should only use brand name contact lenses from well-known contact lens companies.
If you have never worn contact lenses before, Halloween should not be the first time you wear them. Experts warn that buying any kind of contact lenses—which are medical devices and regulated as such—without an examination and a prescription from an eye care professional can cause serious eye disorders and infections, which may lead to permanent vision loss. Despite the fact that it’s illegal to sell decorative contact lenses without a valid prescription, FDA says the lenses are sold on the Internet and in retail shops and salons—particularly around Halloween.
The decorative lenses make the wearer’s eyes appear to glow in the dark, create the illusion of vertical “cat eyes,” or change the wearer’s eye color.
“Although unauthorized use of decorative contact lenses is a concern year-round, Halloween is the time when people may be inclined to use them, perhaps as costume accessories,” says FDA eye expert Bernard Lepri, O.D., M.S., M.Ed.. “What troubles us is when they are bought and used without a valid prescription, without the involvement of a qualified eye care professional, or without appropriate follow-up care. This can lead to significant risks of eye injuries, including blindness.”
This article appears on FDA’s Consumer Updates page, which features the latest on all FDA-regulated products.
“Not caring for your underwear can lead to nasty smells, but not caring for your contacts can lead to nasty eye infections.”
We are excited about the launching of Acuvue’s newest 1 day disposable contact lens to enhance the beauty of your eyes!
We invite you to enhance your natural radiance with 1-Day Acuvue Define contact lenses. Call our office to schedule an appointment.
- Brighten your eyes with expressive Natural Sparkle
- Highlight and sharpen your eyes with distinctive Natural Shimmer
- Enlarge and contrast your eyes with striking Natural Shine
To get more information and updated on Acuvue’s new Define contact lenses fill out the form below.
See clearly, comfortably, and consistently
Just because you have astigmatism doesn’t mean you can’t be comfortable in contact lenses. Introducing AIR OPTIX™ for ASTIGMATISM — a breathable contact lens* that offers excellent comfort and crisp, clear, consistent vision to help satisfy the unmet vision and comfort needs of astigmatic patients.
Made of a revolutionary silicone hydrogel material, AIR OPTIX for ASTIGMATISM offers the highest oxygen transmissibility of any available soft toric lens, so eyes can stay whiter, healthy-looking and comfortable, no matter how long lenses are worn each day.
AIR OPTIX for ASTIGMATISM offers the breakthrough Precision 8|4™ design, which helps minimize the interaction between the lens and the lower lid for excellent comforti. The lenses also feature a patented surface treatment to help resist deposits, which can be a problem for some contact lens wearers, and are easy to handle.
No matter what your day holds, with AIR OPTIX for ASTIGMATISM, you can count on steady vision, high levels of comfort and benefits for the health of your eyes.
AIR OPTIX for ASTIGMATISM lenses are approved for daily wear and up to 6 nights of extended wear, and are recommended for monthly replacement.
Don’t settle for less or give up on contacts just because you have astigmatism. Make an appointment today and we’ll help determine if AIR OPTIX® for ASTIGMATISM contact lenses are right for you.
What is Astigmatism?
Astigmatism is a vision disorder in which the cornea is irregularly shaped thereby preventing light from being properly focused on the back of the eye. This results in distortion or blurry vision and may be corrected by eyeglasses or contact lenses.
Take a look at how 1•DAY ACUVUE® MOIST® Brand Contact Lenses use exclusive LACREON® Technology to create a fresh lens feeling all day long.
No More Cleaning
Daily disposable contacts are perfect for patients who don’t like to clean their lenses. You simply throw them away at the end of the day and put on a fresh pair in the morning.
“I only wear my contacts on the weekends.”
Daily disposable contact lenses are ideal for patients who seldom wear their contacts, whether it be only on the weekends or when participating in a sporting activity. Rather than having them sit in a contact lens case for days at a time, daily disposable contact lenses offer the benefit of throwing them away after every use.
Don’t They Cost More?
Many patients, while understanding the advantages of daily disposable lenses, are concerned about the higher cost of these contacts. In reality, when factoring in the cost of contact lens solutions, re-wetting drops, and contact lens cases, the price difference is fairly minimal.
Getting harder to see the small print? It’s called presbyopia. And everybody gets it. Acuvue’s latest multifocal disposable contact lens design combines the best contact lens technologies, so you can enjoy clear vision, near, far and in between. Ask us if STEREO PRECISION TECHNOLOGY™ from ACUVUE® Oasys for Presbyopia contact lenses are right for you or call us at 1-808-949-2662.
DAILIES® AquaComfort Plus™ is a daily disposable contact lens that refreshes everytime you blink. And, it’s the latest advancement in comfort technology.
DAILIES AquaComfort Plus is a lens you only wear once; put them on in the morning and throw them away at night. Triple Action Moisture lets you enjoy sustained comfort throughout the day. They’re designed to work with your eye’s natural blinking action−about 14,000 times a day. You only wear them once and throw them away at night, so you don’t have to worry about deposit buildup over time and there’s absolutely no messy lens cleaning and disinfecting required or reusable lens case to keep track of.
DAILIES AquaComfort Plus is convenient. There is no replacement schedule to memorize. Just put in a fresh, new pair every morning, and throw them away at night. Make an appointment today and we’ll help determine if DAILIES AquaComfort Plus is right for you.